Friday, February 4, 2011

Teenage Dreams

Well I guess I have to admit that I really am a sentimental fool....
Speaking with a good friend from the past and now a few days ago brought back some memories that I hadn't really shared with anyone in years...... Mainly my first love......
After our conversation it made me start to look for her again........  See we dated in junior and part of high school...... Then we got the horrid news her father was being transferred to Florida......
As I looked around the web, all the sudden I came across a photo.... I knew right then I had found my baby from all those years ago......
It just brought back an avalanche of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams we shared, and that I had on my own..
I was suddenly transported back in time to seeing her walking towards me with her little dog running along side her.... Holding hands walking through the park........ Then standing in the rain early that morning she left.....


I remember the dreams that we would be together again, and how upset I was when her address was lost in one of the many projects my parents decided to do which entailed my room being moved...
It's so funny how something at such a young age can affect you so much so many years later.  I remember searching through phone books, on trips to Florida through the years trying to find her.....(Keep in mine this was before the internet, plus I'm still not that net savvy)


Suddenly I was at a loss for words, and couldn't even find what to say in a message to her.....  all I could manage to eek out was just is this the Dani I know....... 
I wondered how her life had been, did she think of me as often through the years as I thought of her, did she live her dreams, and had she ever tried to find me as well.........


I don't really know the answers to all these things yet, and not sure I ever will, as i'm waiting for a reply to my note I wrote, and although I've gained quite a bit of courage in my age, I'm not sure I have the courage to tell her what an impact she had on my life..... I've found it easier to tell the few people I had crushes on in my younger days about them with time, and laugh about them, as I never acted on them back then.....
This though was my first real love, my first kiss, and the first time I ever really thought about the rest of my life...... Before her girlfriends were something in name only...... you know the type where you just smile at each other in class, BUT NEVER even thought about holding hands much less kissing...  LoL......  My oh my how times have changed looking at our youths today.


What happens now???  I have no idea, as life has made so many changes in us through all these years, but I hope it's the beginning of a new friendship, catching up, and maybe even reminiscing about those teenage dreams we shared back then..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment